cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for DECT Base Station

FishyJ
Hooked

Recommendations for DECT Base Station

It appears my access to this forum has been limited as I don't appear to have  the option to create new posts. Only reply....

I was going to ask if anyone has recommendations for DECT base station & handsets. I'm aware of Gigaset & Yealink but....

1) Gigaset loks great, but they apear to be in financial difficulty, so might be a bad choice. ( https://www.gigaset.com/hq_en/cms/news-detail-ag/news/detail/News/gigaset-files-for-insolvency-proce... )

2) & Yealink is a China based product and it would be easy to image it would be under heavy influence of the Chinese State / Government. I'm not happy to have their kit on my network. I realise China makes most things these days including electronics & chips, but this would be the whole deal, not just components.

Does anyone have views on the above or any other recommendations for companies ?

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from unrelated topic and retitled
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Cancelling PN But would like to keep email acounts

I'm using Gigaset kit, bought second-hand at very good prices.

I'm getting rid of some older DECT kit that is still serviceable and has worked for years, I've no idea if the manufacturers are still in business let alone support it!

Unless it's for a business and you need support, why worry?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 409

Re: Cancelling PN But would like to keep email acounts

Grandstream have a range of voip DECT base units and handsets https://www.grandstream.com/products/ip-voice-telephony/dect-cordless. I'm not sure the base units are GAP compatible though, so may be limited to working with Grandstream handsets.

There's also the Fritzbox routers which have an integral DECT base unit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Recommendations for DECT Base Station

Andrews and Arnold (A&A) provide Yeahlink stuff.