Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Roms? - Help please

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Android Roms? - Help please

Hi all,

My trusty olf Medion E5004 (or rather one of many i've had) has a battery thats on it's last legs. It holds out as long as i don't charge it to 100%... if i do then it randomly gives up the ghost at any point of the day. Obviously it's dying. I could have ordered a replacement battery for it but given that the screen is lightly cracked and it only has 1GB of ram i thought i'd hunt for another android 5 phone.

Found one on ebay - Wileyfox Swift. Runs Android 5.1 and has 2GB ram. Perfect! Ordered it, turned up today running android 7.1.3!!!

The app I use will not work on that. However once upon a time before the previous owner upgraded it, it ran android 5.1 - allegedly.

So how can i find the original Rom for it and get it installed?

I have a very specific reason for needing Android 5.1 so any comments like "it's insecure, you get better features with new versions" etc will be ignored. Yes I am aware of those points but I NEED android 5.1 for a very good reason!

Thanks

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
1 REPLY 1
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

Re: Android Roms? - Help please

Here's probably your best bet https://xdaforums.com/c/wileyfox.11986/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.