Did you mean: 

Change to FTTP

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

Re: Change to FTTP

@Schiehallion 

I agree with the others - get your order in now.

You've already paid this months bill and you change to out of contract prices next time.

Brian

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

An alternative not discussed here - if the existing ADSL service is adequate for your dad’s needs, just contract as is. You’ll need to call COTS to discuss that option.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Schiehallion
Grafter

Just a quick update. Ordered FTTP on the Plusnet website as an additional service (so created a new account). Ordered on Saturday, Openreach ran the cable to the house (through the existing duct & and fitted a new box on the external wall) on Tuesday, installation date is the 29th.

Does the Hub 2 router need any configuring to work with the Grandstream HT801 ATA? I've seen one post saying to ensure SIP ALG is disabled. I've also seen a suggestion of setting upnp to off.

I have never needed to change any router settings before. Have always treated them as plug and play devices. It's fair to say that terms such as NAT, upnp and SIP ALG mean absolutely nothing to me.

I was going to get the ATA (as well as the phone number) from A&A. That way if I have problems setting the ATA up, hopefully they will provide support.