cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP using Plusnet, Grandstream, A&A

G6JPG-0
Grafter

Re: VOIP using Plusnet, Grandstream, A&A

Interesting. I looked at voipfone(.co.uk) because someone else recommended them (and I liked the fact that they don't advertise at all - entirely growing by word of mouth; also they answered some of my technical queries quickly and clearly), and they look similar to what you say for A&A: A&A £1.44/month, 1.2p/minute; voipfone cheapest £1.50/month, 1p/min to landlines (might also be 1.2 as might be +VAT), They also do packages - £5/month for 100 minutes (UK mobiles and landlines), £10/500, £15/1000, £20/unlimited; I presume A&A (and others) also do packages. voipfone also provide the "zoiper" software. (voipfone are - outside the free bundles - 7p/m to UK mobiles, only 2p/m to most of rest of world mobile or not; I presume that's universal across providers and due to some crazy aspect of the UK mobile system!)

I agree, if you can access your recent call lists, for most of us, the cheapest package (A&A or voipfone, probably anyone else too) would be appropriate for most months. I've recently been on hold to several companies for a long time which would skew it, though might _still_ work out cheapest.

I might well download your attachment - sounds useful. (Voipfone like A&A sell adapters, but for somewhat more than they're available elsewhere - I take it that's why you didn't buy yours from A&A.)

Tettin
Hooked

Yes, thats right, I did buy the adapter from elsewhere. I dont like paying more than is necessary for such items. I paid £40 on amazon. It came from the USA so it was a bit slower delivery

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 411

Do BT have _any_ email facility?

I don't believe so!. They used to, but like many providers, they don't offer it to new customers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mystreet1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Think the ongoing prices for Voipfone are a bit more that A&A.

A&A Port in £15, then £1.44 per month

Voipfone, port in £free, then £3.00+vat per month on Flex, or a price plan with included minutes. Not the £1.50+vat pm as advertised

Voipfone - Move your number to Voipfone

Have been a member for years, but cannot find my login details and when requested a PW reset, goes round in circles, hence new account.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 411

What IS good, is that they state in black and white that they will recover numbers ceased within 31 days as per OFCOM rules

Before making your request please check that:

• The number is still working. Otherwise, we can recover it if service was cancelled less than 31 days ago.
  • You're happy for any services on the current line/number to end - including any broadband service.
  • If Redcare (a Fire/Intruder Alarm Security Monitoring Service) is on the line this needs to be ceased, and the order completed, before you start the porting process. If you still need it you could move Redcare to a different line.
  • Do not place an order with the current provider to cease or stop the line, as the porting process is designed to do this for you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.