cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch 22 -How to upgrade to FTTP & port phone number to Sipgate without losing existing PN account ?

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Catch 22 -How to upgrade to FTTP & port phone number to Sipgate without losing existing PN a

@daveg6hni wrote:

That's a coincidence I have a Gigaset N300A too so I might come back for the settings if I get stuck Smiley

https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_Phones_-_Gigaset_N300 

https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_Firewall 

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Catch 22 -How to upgrade to FTTP & port phone number to Sipgate without losing existing PN a

I wonder if this 'affliction' manifests (or has manifested) itself within the BT group itself.

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Well I'm a week away from my supposed upgrade to FTTP and I've had a text from BT to confirm availability for the engineer, but I've heard nothing from PN at all and I have no open tickets Huh

Do PN still use the Ticketing System ?

If not, How do I ask them, or remind them, that I have a static IP that I want to retain Huh

Batfrog
Rising Star

I don't think you need to remind them. Your account details remain the same with an upgrade including your static IP. At least mine did !

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@daveg6hni Your static IP will remain - it is not affected by a product change.

John
daveg6hni
Rising Star

@Batfrog @jab1 Great Thanks, that is good to know Smiley 

daveg6hni
Rising Star

OK FTTP just installed, working and speed good, but user name in router is different to my existing one and ip not static ?

Spoken to PN and they can't seem to fix it, they get an error when they type in the router serial number into their server and it won't connect using my proper credentials either Huh

They also get an error when they try to add my static IP back in ?

Currently on hold 15mins while they investigate...

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Fix

Well after a few mins more Carl cracked it and all now correct, correct user name & static IP

Good old Carl - Many Thanks Smiley

daveg6hni
Rising Star

OK, so I was upgraded to FTTP on Thursday and it is now Sunday and I want to port my old BT number to A&A...

I can't ring into my old BT number or call anyone from it, but I still have a dial tone ?

Am I safe to request porting or should I wait for my line to go dead ?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@daveg6hni Get your porting request in ASAP.

John
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Don't delay!

For information, if you have a working phone, dial 17070 on the "old" line while it still has a dial tone and see what number is now assigned. It will "probably" be a "holding" number that you also cannot call.

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Yes I dialled 17070 and it says it is now a different number !

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Done it with A&A, I just hope it won't affect my FTTP Smiley 

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Can anyone advise please,

I have received an email from A&A saying the porting of my landline number is now complete 26/4/24, however, I have added the settings into my Gigaset N300A, but it says registration failed ?

Also if I dial my landline number I am told "you have chosen an invalid number" and my phone's display says "unallocated number" ?

To me that suggests it is not live yet ?

Also I can log into my A&A billing account, but should I also be able to log into the Control Pages, it wants a different ID that I have not been sent or asked to setup ?

between1and16ch
Rising Star

It's a while ago that I ported my Sipgate number to A&A, but looking back at my email from 2022, the order confirmation email sent to me at the start of the process (titled "Port number to VoIP (<number>)" had the control account user ID.

From memory I had to do some config in the control account to bring the number up to active.

If you can't locate the email (probably from a couple of weeks ago) then I'd suggest contacting A&A to get the ID