cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband (FTTC) Becoming Unreliable?

bigalxyz
Hooked

Broadband (FTTC) Becoming Unreliable?

I've been a Plusnet home broadband customer since 2014. On the whole the service has been good - getting around 65Mbit/s D/L and 20Mbit/s U/L and with impressive reliability.

However in the last few months I've been having more interruptions to my service than I'd like. The connection just breaks out of the blue. Usually it's back up and running again within 10 or 15 minutes (although one time it was down for about a day).

Is this a common complaint? Or perhaps just something local to my area? Can anything be done?

(As an aside, it looks like I'll be able to get a full fibre connection (900Mbit/s both ways) from Hyperoptic in about 3 months' time, which is tempting, but sadly I'm in the early stages of a 24 month deal with Plusnet so the early leaving penalty might cause my wallet some pain)

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Broadband (FTTC) Becoming Unreliable?

@bigalxyz Which Hub/router are you using? Sight of the error log could be useful.

John
bigalxyz
Hooked

Thank you. It's a Plusnet Hub One.

I've found what I think is the error log. It's a huge thing though - is there something in particular I should be looking for on there?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Yes, the error log is big. Try looking for 'DSL down'

John
smoothpainting
Grafter

I would speak to support and get a newer PN Hub 2 as you been a loyal customer since 2014. I had issues with intermittent disconnects after fibre subcontractors pulled fibre via the underground ducts and must’ve disturbed something. Took 4-6 months to resolve and multiple openreach engineer visits.