Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no broadband after delayed house move

philpav
Dabbler

no broadband after delayed house move

Hi,

I scheduled a house move which got delayed. I resheduled with Openreach, naively thinking they would let plusnet know. Now my line has been terminated and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it back. Luckily I am able to use my next door neighbours wifi, but not for long. What options do I have? I may not move house for months now.

Thanks

Phil

p.s. I have been a plusnet (force9) customer for over 25 years and seem to have been cut adrift! Customer service were quite rude to me and didn't offer a solution.

28 REPLIES 28
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: no broadband after delayed house move

@philpav How did you 'reschedule with Openreach'? All these things should be done via your ISP, as OR  are their suppliers, not yours. Probably why they didn't inform PN.

John
philpav
Dabbler

Openreach sent me a text with my appointment details. It said "to reschedule click here" which took me to a calendar and I chose a new date. I assumed that was a valid thing to do.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Fair enough - but although that would reschedule the OR appointment, I doubt they would inform Plusnet. If I am wrong, no doubt someone will correct me.

John
philpav
Dabbler

I got a decent customer service rep yesterday and back online today. Thanks Plusnet!

philpav
Dabbler

Text from Openreach saying engineer going to "new" address today. Should be interesting. Also arranged a house move from the "new" address back to my real address as plusnet had no record of a service (that I currently have and am using to type this) at my actual address..

philpav
Dabbler

Lost internet again today. Portal still showing as house move in progress. Text helpline doesn't recognise my mobile number any more. Losing the will to live...

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Hiya Phil, 

It looks like the order is still processing and will complete anytime up to midnight on the 09/04/24. 

We will keep you posted here.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
philpav
Dabbler

Now I have lost all access to my my email accounts. Portal says my account is closing down.

Openreach messaged me to say I have service now. That is not correct. I suspect it does not match up on the plusnet side.

<Redacted> was dealing with it yesterday, hopefully it will get sorted asap today.

Moderator's note:
Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
philpav
Dabbler

philpav
Dabbler

philpav
Dabbler

ok, so apparently, plusnet have actually deleted my account. They have lost all my mailboxes. 750MB of mails. I now cannot send or receive emails from my domain.

Being a customer going back to the 1990s / Force9 days, it is quite sad to lose my original username.

Do Plusnet do backups? Can I get my mailboxes back when they setup my "new" account?

My MX record goes to mx.core.plus.net.

philpav
Dabbler

now they want £50 off me to set up a new account [-Censored-]

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

@philpav sorry to hear that. If it's been caused by us we should be able to re-set up the account and get the emails back. Did the customer options team mention that at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
philpav
Dabbler

Hi Will, they told me the emails were gone and I couldn't get them back. They set me up a new account with a new username!