Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support ticket on FTTP availability

richardt
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Support ticket on FTTP availability

Hi 

I have a support ticket raised which is looking into fibre availability for my premise I was due a call back for an update 10 days ago but i havent heard anything.

Ticket 241011175

Thanks

Richard

16 REPLIES 16
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Support ticket on FTTP availability

@richardt Have you tried this link: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL , or this one (if the phone number isn't known/doesn't exist : https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome  ?

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@richardt 

Further to the post by @jab1 you'd be looking for WBC FTTP in the left hand column for full fibre. If it's there look to the right to see what it says about Availability.

Also read the narrative below the results window to see what it says about FTTP.

You could Login to you PN Members portal and see if there's anything about your "question" under My Account.

Brian

richardt
Grafter

Hi thanks, yes it says its available but the enabled fibre pole doesn't have line of sight to my house, I've had 3 engineers come out to install FTTP and all have been unable to.

richardt
Grafter

Hi thank bmc, there was an update to my ticket on the 10th April which just reads 'Customer service to provide update'  I havent heard anything back yet, I was just chasing up on here.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

but the enabled fibre pole doesn't have line of sight to my house

How does the existing phone line get to your house ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero

@richardt 

From what you say it is largely out of PN's hands. OpenReach need to work out how to supply FTTP and until they do PN have nothing to tell you.

OR are well known for not keeping people updated. There's no real point in PN chasing at this time as OR won't have any answers for them.

Brian

richardt
Grafter

It comes from the opposite side of the street, however those poles aren't fibre enabled.

richardt
Grafter

According to the ticket they have had a response from OR but they haven't relayed the update to myself, even though the ticket said they are going to.

bmc
Hero

@richardt 

You should be able to respond to the ticket. Is there something like "Reply" or "Add Comment" on the screen.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It comes from the opposite side of the street, however those poles aren't fibre enabled.

Ah! so its down to Openreach to decide how they propose to get the fibre to your house. You would have thought they had a plan when they installed the Fibre infrastructure and marked FTTP as available? It would appear not!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

richardt
Grafter

I'm at the end of a terrace of three houses, the other two have FTTP as they have line of sight to the pole, unfortunately for me there's another house in the way. They've known about it for nearly 10 months, frustrating!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

They may well need a 'wayleave' to route the fibre via one of the other properties. These things can take some time to organise I'm afraid. They (Openreach) won't start the process until FTTP is ordered.

richardt
Grafter

Thanks, yeah it was ordered but then cancelled, the engineer did all the internal work in preparation for the external work to be completed.  

bmc
Hero

@richardt 

Ask your next door neighbour if they've been approached by OR looking fo a wayleave to run cable. If they haven't ask if they would say yes - potentially a second O/H cable to their property and then run accross the wall to you.

Brian